New High Score: 82.872.280 - Stage 5 - Panzer Jager
I must be on fire or something. Right after breaking a new high yesterday, I sat down and broke another one today! This time I managed to survive past the part in Stage 5 where I died last time (those goddamn kamikaze planes with the suicide bullets).I had more lives than I did before, so I had an advantage since there were more bombs to spare. I made it to the part where you're going underground and managed to dodge my way up to that moment before you fight the last boss where you start facing your own helicopters.
If I had one more life, I could have beat the last boss, given I had some luck with the dodging, since I could probably beat him if I had at least three bombs to use. I did miss the Stage 5 1-up since I bombed at the part where you're taking on the Tiger Schwerts before the mid-boss. I need to find a way to get that next time, since having one additional life could be the difference between clearing it or not.
Playing for survival is the way to go. I will try not to bomb in the first two stages, but when I begin to get cornered by bullets as I'm aggressively trying to get those 5-chips, I will bomb, since I'll usually die when I don't. I hate it when I have to dodge bullet spreads shot literally a ship distance away from me and then dying with a full bomb stock. Pride makes me do stupid things. After Stage 2, the gloves are off. It's all about dying without any bombs from that point on.
My Stage 4 score is ass though. I think my overall chip counter read 500 after I vanquished that super-tank boss. Why do I feel like I can't get any better at this game, yet I know for a fact that if I kept playing, I will? That's the glass ceiling shooters give us, this feeling that they are impossible, but they're really not. That glass ceiling does not exist.
There is no spoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment