Current High Score: 73.568.896 - Stage 5 - Panzer Jager
If today's session taught me anything, it is to appreciate what you've got. I managed 63 million twice today--which I would have felt great about if I hadn't set the bar so high with that last amazing run.That's the thing with shooters. Once you break that personal high score of yours, you're not satisfied until you beat that score the next time you play, so there's this high and low effect. At least that's how it is with me. I'll be all excited and exuberant from doing so well one day, and then my expectations are higher for me the next time I play. The pressure's on. Then when I fail to break a new personal record, I'll start feeling a little discouraged or frustrated. It's like I can only have the most fun whenever I get a personal best. That's really demanding, since the better I get at it, the more I will have to outdo myself to get that "high" again.
I can only imagine what it's like for those that can loop this game--or hell, for those that want to spar with DOOM. For the uninitiated, in order to meet DOOM, you have to no-miss, no-bomb the first loop with a score higher than 120 million to unlock the Ura Loop--which is super-fucking hard compared to the first loop--and then you'll have to survive through that to get to the final boss, kick his ass, and then out comes DOOM, a true last boss so sinister, he will make you wet your pants. And then what happens after that? You're a legend that just took on a legendary boss. So far, it seems like only one western player has beat DOOM, and that is the obscenely skilled "MrMonkeyMan". His replays are on youtube. Insanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment