A shoot 'em up (or shmup for short) is a computer and video game genre where the player controls a vehicle or character and fights large numbers of enemies with shooting attacks, usually of a highly stylized nature. In Japan, where the genre remains most vital, they are known simply as "shooting games" (STGs for short). During the peak of their popularity, they were commonly called simple shooters, but as games broke into three dimensions, this term came to be more inclusive.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dodonpachi DOJ: #2

New High Score: 54.810.500 - Stage 5 - Type A - Exy

This was a lucky run. I somehow managed to grow some balls and gave DOJ what it wanted and pulled off some high chains on the first level. I broke 10 million on the first stage, which is definitely a personal best, and I got the extend. Usually, I finish Stage 1 with just 5-6 million, and then I'd get the extend towards the end of Stage 2. I notice when you chain well right off the bat, it is then so much easier to score higher after that. I guess there is a "no shit" attached to that.

For Stage 3-4, it was a survival fest. I have no idea how I managed to get past Stage 4 and its boss, since I never practice Stage 4. I honestly believe that the fourth stage is much easier than the third, because I absolutely hate those propeller ships from Stage 3 that fill the screen with bullets, forcing me into a corner so I can disgrace myself with a panic bomb.

No comments: