Ketsui: #7
Current High Score: 73.568.896 - Stage 5 - Panzer Jager
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
--Lao-tzu
The last couple of days were frustrating, with runs at 40 million being tough, while hitting the rare 50 million being the unexpected high. My stick was becoming loose, so I tightened it yesterday, making the movements feel less slippery. My scores for the first two levels are getting better, but I'll die earlier as a result because I'm taking more risks as regards to collecting those 5-chips.
I got the timing down for getting the extra 5-chips from those two bombers in stage 1. The trick is while holding C-Shot, press and hold down the A-Shot just as the plane begins spewing that pink bullet spread. Results may vary, since I use the Panzer Jager. This is also assuming you are about one-ship distance away from the plane and are spraying it with your C-Shot the moment it enters the screen.
Lately, I've been a huge bullet magnet, and I have to admit, it is pissing me off. Bullets somehow manage to find my hit box, and I will die in an instant. I'll just be cruising up to an enemy for a close shot, and the first bullet that comes out of him nails me, and then all sorts of negative thoughts fill my mind. I lose chips from my overall counter. My end of the level bonus is now lessened. I'll have one less ship now. I died with a full bomb stock. It is so demoralizing I'll just end up losing more lives from the shock of this first death. But then again...
FUCK THAT. Enough bitching. I've just realized that it was wrong of me to feel so frustrated over not being able to score higher than my previous high. If I can only have a good time whenever I beat my high score, then where's the fun after I accomplish that? The vicious cycle continues.
So after re-reading some Taoist texts (recommended= The Tao of Pooh), I've begun to remember again that it is the process which I should be enjoying, and not just the end result of getting that high score. It only takes one good run to get that high score--and that is accomplished after 20 or so minutes. That's 20 or so minutes of pure bliss. How much time is spent before that? It could be months spent practicing. If those months are pure misery and hard work, then where's the fun in that? Why the hell do I even bother then if it isn't good for me? Someone once told me that if you're going to stick to something, you better find ways to make it enjoyable, or else you're going to get burned out.
When was Ketsui most fun for me? I say I had the most fun when I was bombing more or before I began getting anal about scoring. Hell, I can't even finish the first loop, and I'm still getting stingy over using those bombs. So make sure I die without any bombs in stock, and don't pay so much attention to score? Yeah, that will be easy. Also, when I die early, I shouldn't give up either. Just keep it up and see where it goes.
--Lao-tzu
The last couple of days were frustrating, with runs at 40 million being tough, while hitting the rare 50 million being the unexpected high. My stick was becoming loose, so I tightened it yesterday, making the movements feel less slippery. My scores for the first two levels are getting better, but I'll die earlier as a result because I'm taking more risks as regards to collecting those 5-chips.I got the timing down for getting the extra 5-chips from those two bombers in stage 1. The trick is while holding C-Shot, press and hold down the A-Shot just as the plane begins spewing that pink bullet spread. Results may vary, since I use the Panzer Jager. This is also assuming you are about one-ship distance away from the plane and are spraying it with your C-Shot the moment it enters the screen.
Lately, I've been a huge bullet magnet, and I have to admit, it is pissing me off. Bullets somehow manage to find my hit box, and I will die in an instant. I'll just be cruising up to an enemy for a close shot, and the first bullet that comes out of him nails me, and then all sorts of negative thoughts fill my mind. I lose chips from my overall counter. My end of the level bonus is now lessened. I'll have one less ship now. I died with a full bomb stock. It is so demoralizing I'll just end up losing more lives from the shock of this first death. But then again...
FUCK THAT. Enough bitching. I've just realized that it was wrong of me to feel so frustrated over not being able to score higher than my previous high. If I can only have a good time whenever I beat my high score, then where's the fun after I accomplish that? The vicious cycle continues.
So after re-reading some Taoist texts (recommended= The Tao of Pooh), I've begun to remember again that it is the process which I should be enjoying, and not just the end result of getting that high score. It only takes one good run to get that high score--and that is accomplished after 20 or so minutes. That's 20 or so minutes of pure bliss. How much time is spent before that? It could be months spent practicing. If those months are pure misery and hard work, then where's the fun in that? Why the hell do I even bother then if it isn't good for me? Someone once told me that if you're going to stick to something, you better find ways to make it enjoyable, or else you're going to get burned out.
When was Ketsui most fun for me? I say I had the most fun when I was bombing more or before I began getting anal about scoring. Hell, I can't even finish the first loop, and I'm still getting stingy over using those bombs. So make sure I die without any bombs in stock, and don't pay so much attention to score? Yeah, that will be easy. Also, when I die early, I shouldn't give up either. Just keep it up and see where it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment