A shoot 'em up (or shmup for short) is a computer and video game genre where the player controls a vehicle or character and fights large numbers of enemies with shooting attacks, usually of a highly stylized nature. In Japan, where the genre remains most vital, they are known simply as "shooting games" (STGs for short). During the peak of their popularity, they were commonly called simple shooters, but as games broke into three dimensions, this term came to be more inclusive.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Progear no Arashi : Day #8

Current High Score: 7.833.550

Skipped another day playing. I made no gains for this day. I was tired and my back ached from doing all sorts of errands so I played nearly half-awake. Best score I managed was that 5.9 mill in 5th place up on that scoreboard. Not bad, considering how tired I was. Score sucks really bad, but I like to look at it this way: Last week, my highest ever was 5.3 mill, so at least I know I'm making some progress. That's much better than beating myself up and then quitting. I know there will be that day when I will hit that inevitable wall with this game that will provide a lot of continuous frustration, but if I can remain optimistic, then pushing through will be much more manageable.

Bullet patterns feel easier to dodge as I'm getting used to the click-stick. It still feels a bit awkward because I was weaned on controllers since day one. Plus, it's a Horizontal shooter, and I'm not accustomed to playing them with a stick.

No comments: