
Current High Score: 10.863.540
FUCK THIS GAME.
After not having played for over a week, I came back in and felt as though I've never played this game at all. I still die in the same places, and now it's even more frustrating than ever. I wanted to scream into my pillow. Nearly a month into this, and I still can't even come near to 1CCing it.
To be fair to myself, I've been trying to relearn how to play shooters using a stick. Plus, every time I play, I cannot stop myself from trying to vacuum in those gems whenever I see an opportunity to. So I was trying to score while playing for survival at the same time, when I should be just playing for survival if I want to 1CC it. This, added to the horizontal-manic aspect of it makes it incredibly frustrating for me. I just seem to die a lot easier dodging horizontally.
Also, to be honest, I don't think I like Progear THAT much. I'd still miss playing it, but it isn't the end-all-be-all game for me. If I were to choose a favorite Cave shooter, Progear wouldn't be on top of my list. I'd much rather play DOJ or Guwange.
I guess deep down this whole time I was trying to prove to myself that I could be better at this game than I was before, and I've done that already. 10 mill is quite a feat considering I used to surprise myself by scoring over 5 mill. There's still a lot more to work on, but I'm just burned out at the moment.
I feel like I've been working out with weights that were too heavy for me at the moment. I think it's time to fall back to something easier...
But I'll be back for you, Progear!
**Oh yeah, I did away with the "Day #" format because it was becoming ridiculous having to update the blog EVERY TIME I played.
2 comments:
LOL! I say fuck progear too! Its my least favored Cave PCB. I fall into the "I don't get it" camp when doing the bullet to jewel cancelation thing. And after reading this post, I don't think I want to know as I will fall victim to the same urge to convert all the big streams for points and not get very far.
BTW: love the emoticon next to all your progear posts! I may have to steal that idea (choose a different character of course). Adds a nice mood to your posts.
Thanks! I was running out of different pics to use, so I began to recycle them and was thinking of using a different character. Out of all three of the gunners, Nail was the least cutest. My friend was right about it when he mentioned that she was designed "for the pedophiles".
Post a Comment