A shoot 'em up (or shmup for short) is a computer and video game genre where the player controls a vehicle or character and fights large numbers of enemies with shooting attacks, usually of a highly stylized nature. In Japan, where the genre remains most vital, they are known simply as "shooting games" (STGs for short). During the peak of their popularity, they were commonly called simple shooters, but as games broke into three dimensions, this term came to be more inclusive.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Welcome to No Continues!

First of all, let's get this out of the way. I'm not very good at these games, and I am in no way aiming to become some professional at them either. Sure, to most people who have never even heard of this genre, I may seem godly in their presence, but among the standards of most players, I may just be considered average at best...or even below.

Quite frankly, I don't care, anymore. I play these games because they are fun, and when I begin to forget that simple idea, then it starts to become less fun. This is why I decided to create this blog, because I like the idea of tracking my progress, and I believe that it will help keep me from losing perspective.

So why do I like to play shooters? I guess I'll leave it up to the next subsequent posts to show you why. And also because I'm too lazy to express it at this moment.

No comments: