A shoot 'em up (or shmup for short) is a computer and video game genre where the player controls a vehicle or character and fights large numbers of enemies with shooting attacks, usually of a highly stylized nature. In Japan, where the genre remains most vital, they are known simply as "shooting games" (STGs for short). During the peak of their popularity, they were commonly called simple shooters, but as games broke into three dimensions, this term came to be more inclusive.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Progear no Arashi : Day #5


New High Score: 6.594.660

I managed to improve my old score by 1 million. My technique? I just swallowed my pride and bombed more, so I was able to survive longer. One of my biggest issues with this game is that I think it's easy so I never bother using any bombs to nullify those bullets. What ends up happening is that there is always that pattern I think I can dodge, but that stray bullet ends up hitting me anyway. It's infuriating.

I am still continually inconsistent at this game. It takes me a dozen runs before I can break 5 mill, and they are usually moments when I just bomb more. It is when I try to score that Progear hates my guts. It waggles its finger at me and goes, "Now, now. You're not good enough to do that yet." Then I ram into a bullet and explode. I have a love/hate relationship with this game.

Edit: Played a little more and managed a 250K increase for 6.5 mill.

No comments: