A shoot 'em up (or shmup for short) is a computer and video game genre where the player controls a vehicle or character and fights large numbers of enemies with shooting attacks, usually of a highly stylized nature. In Japan, where the genre remains most vital, they are known simply as "shooting games" (STGs for short). During the peak of their popularity, they were commonly called simple shooters, but as games broke into three dimensions, this term came to be more inclusive.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Espgaluda II : #4


New High Score: 118.816.985 - Stage 4 - Ageha
Kakusei Overmode Survival: End of Stage 3 (past midboss)

So much potential with this run, since I was doing so well in the beginning. This is my highest stage 4 score, let alone being my highest score ever. I died at that "eeeh-hehehe" boss. I believe I was at one of his last patterns with no gems and bombs left.

I managed to break 18 mill at the end of the first stage, which is a record for me. It's just that I began to die in parts where I would normally slip by unscathed. What a pity. It's like a beautiful model who just wants to stay home in her trailer park for the rest of her life after she lost her second beauty pageant or something.

I was pretty loud playing today, cursing and screaming whenever I died. I mean, I died at the first boss for god's sake. I yawn at his patterns. Yet, I died because I was so excited for breaking 13 mill after triggering the Zesshikai and scoring high in the middle of the stage.

After days of comparatively meager scores, and some credit-feeding sessions (yes, I do continue, but it's only for practice.), I finally get somewhere new with this game. I want to switch this game out and play Ketsui & DOJ, but I know that I'm getting better at Galuda II the more I play. What a predicament.

No comments: