I'd chalk that up to impatience. I've been a lot more laid back in terms of my progress in conquering these games, though. I used to be a lot more detailed when I was playing Progear, literally updating each day I played it and trying to study every single detail. That was pretty fun to do, but it got so tedious and after I realized that I could be spending more of that time actually playing the game, maybe I'd get over those frustrations.
Nowadays, if I do poorly, I'll just credit-feed and mindlessly just dodge bullets and survive, adding more credits until I reach the end. I can do this for hours, and what happens then is that I end up getting better naturally without shame. Because I've already shamed myself by dying hundreds of times, and now the feeling of dying is numbed, and it is easier to accept death as a path to living longer in the game. As much as I play this way, though, it still does not alleviate that paranoid feeling you get when you are doing extremely well with one run and are then afraid to die since you are kicking so much ass.
Oh yeah, in terms of the blog, I've been a lot more lenient with the posting too.
So whatever. It's all fun and games. What is my goal? I'll have fun. Maybe I'll attain a really good score, but it's all about the fun. But then again...what if fun in these games equate to scoring very well? There is fun in that as well. But it doesn't solely exist there either.
“Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.”
It's so nice to be able to get into a pleasantly drugged state with only one puff and a beer...
There really is no right or wrong way to play--or hell, to even live life...just as long as you are enjoying it. Be attitude for gains.
No comments:
Post a Comment