A shoot 'em up (or shmup for short) is a computer and video game genre where the player controls a vehicle or character and fights large numbers of enemies with shooting attacks, usually of a highly stylized nature. In Japan, where the genre remains most vital, they are known simply as "shooting games" (STGs for short). During the peak of their popularity, they were commonly called simple shooters, but as games broke into three dimensions, this term came to be more inclusive.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ketsui: 898, DirtyMonk: 0

Ketsui : #15 (Day #3 of personal goal)

Current High Score: 91.947.608 - 1-5 - Panzer Jager

That picture cracks me up. Anyway, I'm wondering...if I complete the first loop, would that count as 1 victory or would that technically only count as half a win since there are two loops? What about completing the Tsuujou Loop vs. the Ura Loop? Either way, I still have a lot of work cut out for me.

Again it's been over a month since I last touched Ketsui, and I'm even more rustier than before. Yet, it all comes back quick. I began playing again a few days ago (finally!). I managed to scratch in a 72 million score yesterday (after like, what, 15 credits?), and then I was never able to touch it again after that. Must continue on...while not continuing.

I'm so itching to play ESPGaluda II since it's been so long, and I want to show it to my roommate, since Ketsui and DOJ's been the only games he's seen on my cab. So I'm determined to finish the first loop of Ketsui before I do so. Wish me luck...once again.

No comments: