I didn't mean to come across as an Xbox360-hating bigot in the last post (even though I am, but that's mainly because the thought of spending $400 to import a system with the worry that it will break down without any warranty coverage is just fucking unbelievable for any shooting game player to go through). **EDIT: I just found out recently that this only applies to Europe. If you're in the US, then Microsoft will fix your imported 360!I believe the best move Cave, 5PB, or whoever the hell is in charge can do is release those ports on XBox Live Arcade. How do I know? I don't. I just got it out of gleaming the boards for hours. It just sounds so much better that way in my opinion. And does my opinion matter? Maybe it does, maybe it does not. Most likely not.
All I know is, people need to stop hating and start playing instead. The best way is to make things more convenient and available to everyone in the most efficient manner. The community is so divided with the have-nots, the elites, and the collectors, that it is just depressing to watch. No wonder why I get this sinking feeling in my stomach that this genre is dying. When you're this divided, and it comes to the point where you have to spend thousands on a single game, how can you get more people interested?
Anyway, what the hell am I saying and what do I know. All I do is sit at home and play Ketsui, hoping there are more people out there who can share the same experience I can while helping one another improve and get better without all these seething emotions of jealousy and superiority running rampant across this hobby we like to do for fun.
All of the commotion on the boards are fun to read though.
**There are talks of getting a petition going around to make the port Region-free over at the cave-stg boards and Shmups. It is not set in stone yet, but if someone who can speak Japanese can organize it, then it'll happen a lot sooner. Check it out!
4 comments:
I believe nowadays, a "XBOX360 Arcade" bundle (meaning a/v cable and no HDD) only costs $250 nowadays, so it shouldn't be that expensive.
I'm just hoping they do please us Westerners and make the two cave ports region-free.
You're right about that. It is only about $250 to get a Xbox 360 Arcade bundle. The $400 price tag in my post reflects the premium console with that 20 GB hard drive, and even that is going for only $350 from where I'm from. So thanks for the clarification.
Money-wise, any other alternative is better than getting the PCB. It would definitely be a good business move for them to make the ports available for all regions since shooters need all the recognition they can get. With how things are going so far, with members from the boards contacting 5PB and getting a positive response, things are looking good so far.
And glad to see you here, sfkhoa!
Actually, what I did is get a Xbox arcade bundle, buy a "used" HDD at EB/Gamestop for 49.99, and I technically spent $300 for a nearly new Xbox 360 w/ a used HDD + an HDMI port.
Ah...and thanks for the welcome! I'm actually really happy upon hearing news that the two cave ports may come out region-free!
Makes purchasing an cavebox360 well worth it.
Post a Comment