Espgaluda II.It arrived today (actually, it technically came in yesterday morning since it's nearly 4 a.m. as I am typing this), and it's in great condition, considering that it is a used, complete kit (minus the poster). I bought it at a whim from a member of the shmups board because Fujita was taking so long to reply to my inquiry, and I thought they never would. I actually payed a bit more due to Paypal fees, but in the end, the board was in my hands within a few days thanks to my seller's fast shipping. A cool guy.
So this post marks my first step into the world of PCBs and Cabinets. I was always a console gamer who loved the intensity offered by arcade games, and I had limited experience with arcade culture growing up. Having the chance to play these arcade games in their native resolution the way they were meant to be played at home is definitely exciting and full of many possibilities...to empty my wallet. I better control myself.
Honestly though, the reason why I made this plunge was because I just wanted to own a copy of Ketsui. That's how it all started, believe it or not. Ketsui! But I couldn't bear to pass up on Galuda II since it's so relatively cheap right now, and I always feel like I'm missing out on it whenever I play the original Galuda since the sequel is never going to be ported. Same goes for Mushihime Futari.
2 comments:
This game is deep, very deep. An awesome first PCB to own, and one you will be playing for a very long time. Congrats! Its kinda like saying your first car was a 69 Mustang Mach 1, rather than the crappy Datsun 310B (which really was my first car).
Hey, thanks! Unfortunately, I'm not rich and prosperous enough to fill my entire garage with beautiful, shiny green "cars" yet. ;) But a couple new badass ones will do.
Post a Comment