Her commander ordered her to retreat. He even begged her not to try being a hero. That was before he burst into flames. Her entire squadron burst into flames. All except for her, Ellinor. She was now alone to fend for herself. But she wasn't going to retreat and cry about it. No fucking way. She was going to do the impossible. She was going to do something nobody was insane enough to do. Instead of turning back, she gunned her engines and flew right on ahead...towards the enemy! Alone.For her fallen comrades, they were all going to pay...
All of them.
---
Known as M.U.S.H.A. in the U.S. on the Genesis, Musha Aleste, like Elemental Master, is another shooter made for you to kick its ass. I played it for a couple hours and beat it without too much difficulty (Final score was 133,216,230). This may seem like a bad thing, but it was an enjoyable clear. I'm not complaining about how easy it was. It put me in the role of avenging ass-kicker, and it did that with a combination of music, aesthetic, a very doable difficulty level, and a cool intro. That's something I have no problems with, unless you want your games to be hard, then yeah, I can see how this could be disappointing.The music in this game is badass, in that synthesized rock kind of way. I love how it opens, with all of your friends getting killed except for you, and you're left to avenge them with an aggressive, ass-kicking soundtrack playing. It puts me in the mood to destroy things. No anal intrusive thoughts about whether I'm scoring correctly or memorizing where to be to survive or anything. I'm just letting go and blasting shit.
And it's made by Compile, the same guys behind Zanac. I was never a huge fan of them though, but this game made me pay a little more attention, since the only game that I was aware of by them was Zanac for the NES. I guess they have a reputation for providing large arsenals of weaponry for the ships in their shooters, since I remember how many different weapons they had in Zanac.
*Images taken from Hardcore Gaming 101.
2 comments:
Musha Aleste was one of my favourite Megadrive games along with Elemental Master and Hellfire. Nice to see that it still gets a mention. The soundtrack is totally kickass, much like Elemental Master as well. I never knew if there was an official CD of the Musha soundtrack, but it can be downloaded from a few places.
Fuck yeah, it is awesome. I totally missed out when I became an SNES fanboy back then. The Genesis had a lot of kickass shooters on it. Thunder Force series, Musha Aleste, Eliminate Down, Gleylancer, to name a few. Esp. Thunder Force! The music is fantastic!
Post a Comment